Founded in 2006, the Iowa Association for Behavior Analysis (Iowa ABA) is a statewide organization whose purpose is to develop and advance the field of Applied Behavior Analysis through research, education, and dissemination of information. Iowa ABA is organized as an affiliated state chapter of the Association for Behavior Analysis International (ABAI) for professional, scientific, and education purposes.
Mission/Objectives: Iowa ABA is organized as a chapter of the Association for Behavior Analysis International (ABAI) for professional, scientific, and education purposes. Specifically, the organization shall:
- Serve as a scientific and professional reference group for all in the State of Iowa who identify themselves as scientists or practitioners in disciplines that embrace the principles and practices of behavior analysis;
- Support the development of professional credentialing for the practice of behavior analysis within the State of Iowa;
- Support the development of standards of practice for behavior analysis within the state of Iowa;
- Identify and promote the use of effective and humane behavioral procedures in meeting the educational and habilitative needs of people with and without disabilities within the State of Iowa;
- Advise political, legislative, and policy-making bodies with respect to all matters pertaining to behavior analysis in the State of Iowa;
- Publish and distribute an official Bulletin devoted to dissemination of scientific and technological achievements within the scope of behavior analysis and to matters of interest to the membership;
- Promote and support the conduct of behavior analytic research within the State of Iowa;
- Serve as a resource for parents and service providers interested in research based practices in behavior analysis.